Saturday, April 28, 2012

Everybody Remembers Classics.....and the Hercules from Disney


         I have a question for you: Do you know who Hercules is? I’m sure you do. Hercules is probably the most famous character from the Greek mythology, even more than another god, demigod, or mortal; even more than Zeus itself. Why he is so famous, like he is sometimes considered the main character of mythology; meaning that for those who do not really know much about mythology, the first thing that comes to their head when you ask them about it is Hercules. I guess that is maybe for his unbelievable force what makes him so popular.
            Furthermore, I’m sure you have seen the Hercules movie from Disney, at least once. I have seen around seven times at least (haha). It is for sure the first mythological movie I saw. If you would ask me, I think it is an awesome adaptation of a little piece of Greek Mythology into a child’s cartoon movie. The movie is conformed of most of the important facts of mythology. I mean if a kid would watch it he would just be like: Oh! So awesome, I want to be like Hercules mom! However, the movie does include mythological characteristics. For example, the cult from the mortals to the gods, the gods having their awesome parties in their bronze-made palaces (over the sky), banishment of Hades from the Olympus, his thirst for revenge against the Olympians, and of course the moral that every movie on mythology wants to transmit: Being a Human makes you stronger than a God!

No comments:

Post a Comment